Here we are in Oregon for our annual family vacation to visit relatives and enjoy the glorious Oregon Coast. This week we went blueberry picking and are greatly enjoying the fruits of our labors.
We have made blueberry cobbler, and my new favorite Blueberry Banana Pancakes. They are soo good that they all got eaten before I thought to snap a picture of them. But here is the recipe for you to enjoy them also:
Jeanie’s Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 smallish very ripe banana
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup (or more) blueberries
- melt the butter in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- in a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- in a small mixing bowl, mash up the banana really well, until almost smooth. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Pour the banana mixture and the butter into the flour mixture. Mix gently until the batter is just blended, it will be a bit lumpy, just make sure all the big lumps are gone.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Cook on a buttered griddle set at medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cup-fulls at a time and cook until golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite maple syrup and enjoy! (also good with sliced bananas on top)
makes about 12 pancakes