Nannygoat is hosting a recipe swap today, and I love collecting recipes, and so I thought I would contribute too!
Here are a few of my favs:
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
16 oz. can of diced tomatoes
16 oz can of kidney beans
8 oz can of corn
8 oz can of tomato sauce
4 oz can of mushrooms
1 package of taco seasoning
3 potatoes – diced
1/2 cup diced carrots
1 1/2 cup water
Brown the beef with the onion, and toss it into a large pot along with everything else. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer, and cook until the potatoes are done. To serve: spoon it into a bowl and top with sour cream, grated cheese and diced avocado. Eat with tortilla chips
ITALIAN CHICKEN (this is my husbands Favorite Dinner)
Chicken breasts (how ever many you are feeding)
parmesan cheese – grated, (you know – the good kind – not the Kraft in a can!)
Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and top with mushrooms – the more the better
Pour italian dressing over until the chicken is about half covered
sprinkle on the parmesan
Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven until the chicken is done, about 45 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles.
ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 pkg (3oz) cream cheese – softened
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
10 slices sourdough bread
1. Mix together the mayo and cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in the cheddar, mozza and garlic powder – mix well
3. Spread five pieces of bread with evenly with the cheese mixture and top with the remaining bread slices
4. Butter both sides of sandwiches and Cook in a skillet or griddle on medium heat until golden on both sides and cheese is melted. (or use your waffle iron!)
CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
green onions -chopped
cubed grilled chicken
– (I know there are no amounts, but make as much as would feed your family, and make the dressing to be stored separate, and just ad as much as you need to lightly coat the amount of salad you made.)
2 T sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup canola oil
5 T rice wine vinegar
1 T sesame oil
-wisk until blended. (can store for 3 months in fridge)
Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? My husband said these were the best waffles he has EVER had!!
1 1/2 cup flour
1tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup toasted pecans -chopped
2 eggs beaten
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 cup shredded zucchini
1. Beat eggs. Add sour cream, milk, oil, and zuch.
2. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts.
3. Pour wet ingreds into the dry ones and stir just to blend.
4. Bake in a greased waffle iron.